This is very unique plant. Great health benefit of having this plant in your home as it amazingly cleans the air around you and also it is kind of humidifier. Average lifespan of Areca palms is 10 years so seeing that plant has a multi year life-span expectancy one has to keep in mind that this need great deal of caring, however you will be getting tropical vibe in your living area as reward in return.
Type of plant: Indoor Plant
- Sunlight: Partial Shade
- Water: Daily watering
- Choose medium or big size pot i.e, 10-16 inches pot.
- To grow, this plant needs a lot of daylight but not direct sunlight so, Require shadier area.
- Also, make sure you are selecting well-draining container so it will save your plant's root from rotting.
- Not having water drain in container will likely causing plant to die. Tap water is not well suited for plant as it contains lot of chemicals chlorine, salt and fluoride. If possible usage of distilled water, it would be good for plant.
- This Plant favors soil that has healthy and rich nutrients that may be acidic in nature. Utilize peat moss or bark potting mix.
- Use liquid fertilizer once in a month and directly sprinkle diluted mixture on plant's leaves.
- Don't use fertilizer during winter season.