This is one of the very famous plant among graden lover because of its interior friendly size. Size varies from 4 inches to 1 feet. One important fact is that it doesn't much care about where it planted and grows, and hence it requires a very little amount of care and it does not hurt the tabletop palm's adaptive legacy be it either sunlight or water.
Type of plant: Indoor Plant
- Sunlight: It does not require a direct sunlight to survive but bright light. It grows in partial shade or even full shade doesn't harm this plant which makes it best suited for offices, building, mall and home. Specially when they are young, they prefer very low light not strong bright light.
- Water: In its natural habitat, plant prefers moist environment. So when growing in indoor use coco peat moss which is best known for keep soil moist for long time. Let the soil dry out between two consecutive waterings. So, water it once a week in but in warmer condition water it 2 to 3 times a week. If your plant's leaf tips are brown then it is common indication of over watering. So, avoid doing that. One should always use non-fluoridated water.
- Soil: Tabletop Palm plant prefer well drained soil. So use soil based potting mixture to provide good drainage.
- Fertilizer: It does not require any fertilizer. If you want to use fertilizer you should always choose liquid fertilizer which has balanced pH but frequency should be once in a month.
- Temperature: They can tolerate winter season or central heating but temperature should not be less than 50°F (10°C) in winter. These tropical plants do very well in temperature ranges vary from 70°F to 80°F (21°C to 25°C). Don't keep the plant in AC room, they don't like it much.
Pot Size: 4"-6" Grower Pot